Summer is in full swing here in Florida, and I’ve been thinking of how I can best support you during the busy months ahead. During this hot and sunny season, self-care is more important than ever. Today, I’d like to dive into how we can stay fit amidst the rising temperatures; crack open a cool drink and let’s get into it!
Exercise of the Month: Water Aerobics
Ever wanted to get active during the summer months… but felt BOGGED DOWN by the heat? Trust me, I’ve been there! That’s why I’m so thrilled to share the benefits of Aquatic Exercise with you. Aquatic Exercise is easy on your joints, gentle on your cardiovascular system, and so incredibly FUN!
Forget the bike, treadmill, or elliptical; pop on a swimsuit and hop in the pool for some laps! It’s a great way to pass the time in during the summer months and burn some calories while you’re at it.
Learn more about the benefits of aquatic fun for your health here.
Enjoy Mouthwatering and Refreshing Summer Meals!
Both of these delicious dishes can be prepared in under 20 minutes, perfect for a busy summer evening or a mid-day pick-me-up.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (or 3 tablespoons ghee for Paleo and dairy free)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined and butterflied
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6 yellow squash or zucchini sliced into noodles
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat until butter begins to foam. Add the shrimp to the pan and sauté until pink on both sides and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, chili flakes, and zest. Continue stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add squash noodles, lemon juice, parsley and sea salt. Using a pair of tongs, toss the mixture until hot. Serve immediately.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Herbamare
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 4 boneless, salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons ghee (or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade (or orange fruit spread such as St. Dalfour or Fiordifrutta
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine the herbamare, garlic, paprika, cayenne and coconut sugar in a small bowl. Rub the mixture over the tops of the salmon fillets.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high for 2 minutes. Add the ghee and swirl to coat. Place the fillets, flesh-side down and cook for 3 minutes. Gently flip the fillets and sauce for 2-3 minutes more, until cooked through.
- Stir the marmalade and lime together in a small bowl and add it to the skillet with the salmon. Swirl the mixture in the skillet until the marmalade melts. Carefully turn the fillets to coat all sides with the glaze. Serve immediately.
Looking for more yummy and healthy recipes? I’ve got you; check out Deliciously Organic by Carrie Vitt, FNTP (my favorite resource for fitness tips and healthy recipes!)
A Bug-Free Summer with doTERRA!
Protected from the Sun; All Summer Long!
There’s no time more important than the hot summer months to block out the sun’s harmful rays. BloqUV’s proprietary BloqTek™ fabric blocks 98% of the sun’s rays, is unaffected by laundering, and (most importantly) is comfortable, breathable, and long-lasting! Grab your summer wardrobe staples from BloqUV the next time you’re in the studio.
Enjoy a Summer of Self Care with Element Tree Essentials
We all LOVE a long day of relaxing in the sun (with protection of course!) There’s nothing better than the feeling of heading inside to get ready for dinner after being kissed by the sun all day… UNTIL you realize that your skin is dry and peeling after being dried out by the sun’s rays!
After a long hot day, there’s nothing more soothing than quenching your skin’s thirst with an Element Tree Lotion Candle. Shop their amazing new collection at the studio today!
Heal from the Inside Out this Summer
Playing lots of golf, pickleball, tennis this summer? Don’t forget to treat your aches and pains with Lightforce Laser Therapy. Enjoy quick, soothing pain relief without surgery or drugs!
Coming Up soon in Sarasota
21st Annual St Armands Circle Craft Festival – From June 10th – 11th, shop crafts by the most talented creators in the US, from jewelers to potters to plant stand creators.
Van Wezel’s Friday Fest – Kick off the summer with FREE outdoor summertime concerts, beginning on June 16 with Kettle of Fish.
I hope these tips, tricks and resources inspired and encouraged you for the month ahead. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out! As always, I hope to see you soon at BeFitSRQ.