Spring is here! As the sun shines more and more and the weather is warming up, it’s the perfect time to find fitness motivation. It’s easy to get outside when it’s this beautiful! We’re wishing you a lucky and happy St. Patrick’s Day this month, too.
Exercise of the Month: Step into Spring
- Find your “why” — What’s your motivation to work out? Do you want to feel better? Improve your health? Are you making a change for the loved ones in your life? Focusing on your top reason will help you stay committed throughout your movement journey.
- Start small — If you do too much at the beginning, you may feel burnt out. Start by walking 15-20 minutes a few times per week. Not every exercise session needs to be a full hour of cardio-intensive work.
- Get Outside — That Sarasota sunshine we mentioned above is sure to fuel your motivation.
- Make a schedule — When you have time blocked off to exercise, it’ll be more difficult to come up with an excuse as to why you can’t do it.
- Grab a friend — Working out with friends is fun, and it gives you a built-in accountability partner to keep you on track.
- Get professional help — At BeFitSRQ, we’re always happy to help you make plans and stick to them, too.
Grilled Salmon with Starfruit Salsa
- 1 lb. wild salmon
- 1 ½ tsp. lime juice
- 1/16 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. of stevia or honey
- 1 star fruit, diced with seeds removed
- 1 jalepeño, minced with seeds removed
- 2 tbsp. diced red onion
- 2 tbsp. minced cilantro
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill and place salmon on paper towels to dry while you prep the ingredient list.
- Whisk together lime juice, salt, and stevia or honey in a small dish.
- Add star fruit, jalepeño, cilantro, and onion and stir gently to combine. Place this mix in the refrigerator until serving time.
- Season salmon with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon on the preheated grill, turn the heat to low, and cover for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for 3-4 more minutes or until it is fully cooked.
- Serve salmon topped with salsa and enjoy!
Saint Patrick’s Day Scents
Welcome the leprechauns this month with this bright and cheery diffuser blend from doTERRA.
Element Tree Essentials
Have you experienced our new lotion candles? They’ve been a huge hit. When you blow out the flame, you can dip your fingers into the wax and use it as a moisturizing and healing ointment for your skin. We have two sizes in store — 11-ounce for $30 and 3-ounce for $15 in a variety of scents.
Washing Your BloqUV Clothing
- Check the label — BloqUV can be washed with water, while some other brands can’t.
- Rinse out after use — a quick cold rinse and ring will get sweat and spills out of your clothing right away, making it easier to wash later on.
- Wash by hand or on delicate — this helps to ensure they won’t shrink, stretch, or snag.
- Use mild detergent and dry on low heat.
Ready to try Laser Therapy?
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Cervical, lumbar, and sciatic pain
- Foot and lower extremity pain
- And more.