Happy New Year, friends! Let’s make 2022 the year we accomplish our largest goals — whether you’re aiming to move forward in fitness, eat healthier, or live happier, exercise is a great place to start. This newsletter is filled with tips and tools to help you achieve all of your wellness-related dreams.
2022 Exercise Trends
Out with the old and in with the new — 2022 is bringing new trends to the fitness world, and we’re happy to hop on board. Some of this year’s most popular exercises are predicted to be:
- Hybrid Gym Memberships (with online and in-person options)
- Outdoor Exercise — bring on the benefits of vitamin D and fresh air.
- Inclusive Fitness (all are welcome, no judgment allowed)
- HIIT and Mini Workouts — quick and simple will keep being key
- Movement as Medicine (mind and body included)
Are you as excited as we are about these changes? You can find the full list of 2022 trends here. And if you need help moving forward, reach out for a free BeFitSRQ assessment today.
Try Something New in 2022
We aren’t just trying new exercises this year; we’re all about new recipes, too. Test out one of the tasty dishes below or choose an item off of the full list here.
- Whole green chiles, 2 cans
- Pineapple chunks, 1 can
- 1 medium onion
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. chile powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1-½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. coriander
- Boneless pork loin roast, 4 pound
- Rice, cooked
- Topping options: black beans, corn, avocado, lime, Mexican crema
- Combine everything but pork and rice, and puree in a blender.
- Add pork and pepper mixture to your slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours
- Serve over rice with toppings and enjoy!
- ⅔ cup avocado, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Unsweetened crushed pineapple, 1 can
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat avocado until only small lumps remain
- Mix in eggs, honey, and oil
- In a different bowl, combine dry ingredients
- Combine both bowls and fold in ½ cup of pecans
- Fill 12 muffin cups (greased or lined) and sprinkle remaining pecans on top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Let stand on a cooling rack for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Breathe Better with doTERRA
This powerhouse oil can serve tons of purposes — and 10 of the best are described below:
Bloquv Layers for Kids
The winter season brings a whole new set of kid clothing requirements. Try thinking in layers to keep children comfortable through varying conditions this time of year.
- A moisture-wicking base layer can keep kids warm and dry (as well as protected from UV rays if Bloquv pieces are used).
- The middle layer keeps kids warm — fleece, wool, and other soft, comfortable materials are ideal.
- The outer layer protects from the elements (wind, rain, and even snow in the coldest of conditions).
It can also be helpful to cover your child’s head, neck, hands, and feet. Offer hats, scarves, mittens, and boots with warm socks inside. These pieces are helpful because they can be removed as the day goes on and temperatures rise, too.
For more tips on dressing kids in the winter, view this article from Bloquv.
Laser Therapy in the New Year
The new year is an excellent time to revisit old injuries that have been lingering for years. Laser therapy can help reduce or eliminate pain from arthritis, joint pain, lumbar and sciatic pain, foot problems, and more.
We’d love to help you get started on your path toward natural, painless recovery today.
Exciting Upcoming Events
This month, our community is bursting with fun events. Check out a few of our favorites below:
From January 14th to 16th, 2022, head over to JD Hamel Park to enjoy diverse seafood dishes cooked on site and live entertainment from blues, rock, and country bands.
On January 15th from 12 pm to 8 pm, this tasty festival will return to The Mall at UTC’s Lot 4. A five-day festival will surround the main event from January 13th to 18th, too. The burger lineup is one you won’t want to miss!
Join the Van Wezel Foundation Gala as this Grammy, Emmy, and Tony nomination holder takes the stage. An elegant dinner will be served and funds will go toward community art education improvement.
This meaningful run benefits many — Riverview High School senior soccer players, JROTC cadets, track athletes, and more. Its beautiful Siesta Key Beach location is an added bonus, too. Be sure to register soon to reserve your goodie bag.
We hope your start to 2022 is giving you the motivation you need to achieve your biggest goals yet. Take these tips and use them as tools to move forward, and don’t forget to reach out if you need support in any way!