I hope this email finds you well as the month of love (for yourself and others!) begins. February means so many different things to different people, but I know that for a lot of you, it means working hard to stay disciplined in your fitness routine once the initial new year motivation surge wears off. This month, I want to encourage you to stick with it. Habits take time to build, and in between your initial burst of motivation and the day your fitness routine finally feels like a habit, you’ll have some days where your feet are dragging, and you’d rather stay on the couch than take that run or prepare that nutritious meal. If you can relate, know that you’re not alone! We’re in this together, and I’ve got the perfect tips and tricks to put some spring back in your step.
EXERCISE OF THE MONTH
As the weather grows warmer, moving our bodies outside becomes more and more pleasant and convenient! According to Aetna, variety is key to a sustainable fitness routine; the more fun you have getting out of the house and enjoying new outdoor activities, the more you’ll want to stick to your goals. Don’t sweat it if you’re running low on ideas… I’ve got your back!
Fun Outdoor Activities To Stay Active:
- Walking our beautiful beaches
- Walking the Ringling Bridge
- Bike Riding
- Playing with our kids outside
Aetna also recommends hiring a Personal Trainer or Health Coach to take your results to the next level. Here at BeFitSRQ, we’ve got you covered with customized training health and fitness plans to help you reach your goals faster. Stop in today for a 30-minute chat.
HEALTHY VALENTINES RECIPES
With Valentines Day right around the corner, you’re likely to have some food-filled social events coming up. Stay on track with these delicious and nutritious recipes that are sure to blow everyone away.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Yogurt Popsicles
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cherries
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, honey, and vanilla.
- In a food processor, grind the cherries until fairly smooth.
- Add a spoonful of yogurt to each mold, followed by a spoonful of cherry. Keep adding yogurt and cherry, in alternating layers, until the mold are full. With a skinny utensil (like the handle of a fork or straw), gently swirl a few times to slightly combine the layers. Freeze until hard (at least 6 hours)
- Before removing popsicles from the freezer, make the chocolate sauce by adding chocolate and coconut oil to a heat-resistant bowl. Bring a pot of water to a boil and set the bowl of chocolate over the boiling water (just above the water, not submerged). Stir constantly until most of the chocolate is melted. Remove the bowl from over the steam and continue to stir until chocolate has all melted.
- Remove popsicles from the freezer and run them under warm water for a few seconds to loosen them up. Remove each from the mold, drizzle with chocolate, and quickly sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 8 radishes
- ¼ head red cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 red or chioggia beet
- ½ cup basil
- 5 green onions
- 6-8 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- Sauce: Combine all “Sauce” ingredients in a small bowl.
- Prepare: Thinly slice all veggies and arrange near your work space.
- Roll: Fill a shallow dish with hot water. Working one at a time, gently place a rice paper in the hot water for about 15 seconds, or until soft and pliable. Move the paper to a damp surface (I like to use a wooden board). Working quickly, stack veggies and herbs on the rice paper in a long narrow row, leaving about 2 inches (5 cm) on either side. Fold the sides of the rice paper over the mound, then gently roll.
- Serve: Cover finished spring rolls in a damp paper towel until ready to eat. Serve with almond butter dipping sauce.
LOVE IS IN THE AIR THIS YEAR WITH DOTERRA’S FRESH ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS
STAY SAFE AS THE SUN GETS HOTTER WITH BLOQUV
Looking to protect your skin from the sun’s damaging rays this year? BloqUV has you covered (literally!) with sun-protective clothing options for the whole family. Stop in today to browse our selection and stay protected in style.
THE PERFECT VALENTINE’S DAY GIFT
Still looking for a Valentine’s Day gift? Element Tree Essentials is stocked with luxurious lotion candles in scents ranging from Citrus Sage to Lavender Fields. These candles are the perfect gift for your partner on Valentine’s Day and would also be the perfect addition to a romantic date night!
GIVE THE GIFT OF LIGHTFORCE LASER THERAPY
Does your 2023 fitness routine have you feeling energized, joyful, lean and… sore? Come by BeFitSRQ to enjoy the benefits of Lightforce Laser Therapy (or gift a session to your special someone for Valentine’s Day!)
- Fights inflammation
- Soothes soreness
- Eases joint pain
Michael Phelps is coming to town! Be sure to listen to him speak on the importance of mental health on February 6th at VanWezel!
On February 11th – 12th, get active outdoors in our annual Superhero 5k and 1 Mile Fun Run! Register here
No Valentine’s Day plans yet? Say “ I Do” Again at the Nokomis & Siesta Beaches at 6 PM.
Let me know how I can help you stay on your 2023 fitness goals!