Small Steps Toward your Summer Body
As warmer weather and sunny days approach, you may find yourself wanting to get in shape for the season. Try not to overwhelm yourself with strict diets and long workout plans. Instead, choose a few actionable steps that will make a difference.
Exercise of the Month:
Ease Extra Movement into Your Day
Walking is an excellent way to add steps to your day, especially if you’re feeling unsure of where to start in terms of working out. Try walking for thirty minutes once a day or once every other day. If you’re wanting to add more of a workout, incorporate squats, lunges, or jump squats once you get back to your driveway. This small change doesn't require any drastic changes, but with consistent effort, it will have you dropping pounds just the same.
For more simple ways to get your body ready for summer, view this list.
Clean Eating for Your Next Summer Barbeque
Check out the recipes below for flavorful, healthy foods that still provide that perfect summer flavor.
Grilled Chicken Skewers with a Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
Grilled Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 ½ boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp. Cayenne
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Oil (Avocado or Olive)
Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 c. Whole Greek Yogurt (plain)
- ½ c. Cucumber (seeded and grated)
- 3 tbsp. Dill (fresh, chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 3 Minced Cloves of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine oil and chicken spices in a bowl and mix until chicken is evenly coated in oil and spices
- Combine Tzatziki sauce ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until well-combined
- Thread 2-3 pieces of chicken onto each skewer
- Grill for 7-10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked
- Serve with your homemade Tzatziki sauce, lemon wedges, and fresh veggies
You can view the full recipe for this meal here.
Refreshing Watermelon and Feta Salad
- 2 c. Baby Arugula
- 1 Large Cucumber (diced with skin left on)
- 1 Handful of Chopped Mint Leaves
- ½ c. Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lime Juice, Salt, and Pepper to taste
- ½ Medium Watermelon (cut into cubes)
- Cut the rind off of the watermelon and cut the fruit into cubes
- Combine arugula, watermelon, cucumbers, feta cheese, and mint leaves
- Drizzle oil and lime juice over salad and spread salt and pepper to taste
You can view the full recipe by clicking here.
Sweet Summer Smells for Your Home
Check out the Doterra diffuser blends below to get your home smelling like summer:
A Lightweight Foundation for Days Spent in the Sun
Beautycounter’s Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation is designed to be breathable while still providing you with the coverage you’re looking for. It’s available in 18 buildable shades, so you can find the perfect match for your unique skin tone. It’s been proven to smooth skin and cover imperfections for up to eight hours, and it provides multiple skin-health benefits at the same time.
Click here to view the full details of this Beautycounter product.
Have a Pain-Free Summer with Laser Therapy
Don’t spend your summer months with pain or a lingering injury. Laser Therapy is pain-free, drug-free, fast-acting, and effective.
Check Out These Open Attractions for Summer Fun
If you’re looking for a reason to leave the house and get moving this month, the following attractions have opened back up:
Ringling Museum and Selby Gardens
The Ringling Museum and Selby Garden has a plan that incorporates limited occupancy, social distancing, and prioritizes sanitization so you can safely enjoy their outdoor spaces. This is an excellent place to explore art and incredible botanical life. The indoor exhibits are closed, but the outdoor areas are definitely still worth visiting.
If you’re looking for an exciting adventure, visit the animals at the Jungle Gardens. Their current phase of reopening includes limited staff and occupancy to keep visitors safe, but you’ll still be able to enjoy free-range flamingoes, alligators, parrots, lemurs, and more. Their daily shows are up and running for your enjoyment as well.
As warm weather approaches, remember to get outside and enjoy the season. Consider taking daily walks and adding a few healthy, summer recipes to your meal plan. With a few small changes, you’ll be on your way to achieving the summer body you’ve been wanting.