Put Some Spring in Your Step with BeFitSRQ
Put Some Spring in Your Step
It’s time to spring into action! Now is the season to let BeFitSRQ help you get back on track with your workouts.
If you think you’re too busy and can’t fit a workout into your schedule, think again. We have 30-minute total body workouts that are customized just for you. They focus on strength training, building lean muscle and creating a sleeker, leaner, more defined you.
Schedule an assessment at BeFitSRQ today and get started on your perfect workout.
Crazy Hours? Here’s How You Can Get Fit with HITT
If you have crazy hours but still want to tackle your goals of losing weight or building muscle, you need to try HITT – high-intensity tactical training. It’s the No. 1 fitness trend for 2018.
When creating a total body HITT workout, you need a good mix of cardio and lifting to burn fat. That means cardio moves such as jump squats or jump rope as well as strength-training moves such as squats, deadlifts, lunges, pushups and pullups. You can also add in a couple 15- to 30-second treadmill sprints with a minute rest in between. Repeat three times, and you’ve done it!
Plus, when you do a total body workout, you don’t have to exercise every day. You can build in more time for recovery. Give HITT a try!
What a BeFitSRQ Client Has to Say
Perfect for a whole body workout when short on time and love the doTERRA oils selection. Great atmosphere and venue.
~ Erika Wise Borland
A Home Remedy to Try Today
Here’s a recipe for doTERRA lemon ginger throat drops that you just have to try. Now’s the time when everyone is fending off or getting over an illness, so these are good to have on hand to sooth your dry, itchy throat.
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup honey
- 3 drops lemon oil
- 1 drop ginger oil
- 1 tablespoon ascorbic acid (vitamin C) powder
- Add honey to water. Heat over medium heat in a saucepan until mixture begins to boil. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan where it won’t touch the bottom or side of the pan. Continue boiling until water mixture reaches 300 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat immediately and allow mixture to cool for 5 to 10 minutes or until the consistency becomes syrupy.
- Add lemon and ginger oil, stirring to combine.
- Dust candy mold with ascorbic acid powder. Pour honey mixture into molds and allow to completely cool.
- Remove from molds and dust again with ascorbic acid powder to keep the drops from sticking together.
- Store in an airtight container.
Here are some helpful tips:
- This recipe uses lemon and ginger oils, but you can also try spearmint, cinnamon, clove or peppermint oils.
- You can find ascorbic acid online or at your local health food store.
Key Workout Protection
Protect yourself from the sun while you work out by wearing BloqUV apparel. BloqUV is chemical-free sun protective clothing that blocks 98 percent of the sun’s rays. Check out the selection at BeFitSRQ, including BloqUV compression tights, which have two large side pockets and a mini wasteband pocket. It’s perfect to wear during outdoor workouts.
BeFitSRQ has a great tool for learning more about your body. It’s called the InBody 570. Why is body composition important? Here are three key reasons:
- You can use body composition to stay motivated and reach your goals. By analyzing body composition, you can see your body fat percent decrease and your muscle mass increase. It helps you see changes beyond a number on a scale.
- You can learn whether you’re skinny fat. Skinny fat describes people who are thin but have more fat than recommended. People who fall into this category are at risk for diseases such as diabetes and cancer, just like people who are obese.
- You can get a better night’s sleep. Research shows people who lose some flab off their midsection using diet and exercise sleep better. Knowing your body composition can help you move toward those improved zzz’s.
It’s time for you to schedule your body composition assessment at BeFitSRQ today!
March into Fun
There’s so much to do this month! Here are my top picks for March:
On March 9, enjoy the Burns Court Sip, Shop and Stroll from 5 to 7 p.m. It’s the perfect night to spend with friends, exploring this historic district and enjoying treats and specials at local businesses.
The next day, March 10, come out to the Life in the Son 5K/10K from 8 to 11 a.m. The run at First Christian Church is put on by the Manasota Track Club.
If you’re a jazz fan, this festival is for you. The Sarasota Jazz Festival is March 7 to 10 at the new Art Ovation Hotel downtown on Palm Avenue. The theme is A World of Jazz, and you’ll hear musicians from Brazil, Denmark, Israel, Italy, Japan and Sweden.
I hope to see you out on the town – and at the studio!