Exercise of the Month: Squat with Overhead Press
Here's an excellent variation on a staple exercise that you can incorporate into your workout routine - the squat with overhead press. This full-body exercise not only burns a lot of calories, but it's a great workout for the muscles in your lower body, upper back and core. Here's how to do it:
Pick up a five-pound weight in each hand.
Get in position with your feet shoulder-width apart and your elbows bent.
Bring your hands up to shoulder height with your palms facing forward.
Lower your body into a squat, making sure that your knees aren't going past your toes. Hold this position for a few seconds.
To stand up, push through your heels and press the weights over your head at the same time.
Then return to your starting position and repeat. You've got this!
This month BeFitSRQ is featuring dōTERRA's Wintergreen
Wintergreen Product Description:
Most modern consumers are familiar with the aroma and flavor of wintergreen due to its popularity in candy and chewing gum. Wintergreen essential oil, however has much more to offer, such as its use in warming, soothing massage after exercise.
Primary benefits of Wintergreen include:
- Pain Relief: Wintergreen oil can help alleviate headaches, muscle cramps, joint pain, tendonitis, and bone pain. It can also help drive out stress and tension.
- Refief for rheumatism & arthritis: Wintergreen oil stimulates blood circulation around the affected tissues and muscles, helping clear blood obstructions, which is one of the major causes of these two conditions.
- Helps prevent infections: Wintergreen oil can be fatal to bacteria, protozoa, and fungi. However, it is not advisable to take the oil orally to fight infections in the internal organs, nor is it recommended for use on open wounds.
- Promotes skin and hair health: Wintergreen oil is said to help tone the skin and prevent acne if used in a very diluted form. It also prevents dandruff and tones the hair roots, which helps prevent hair fall.
You may purchase at the Studio or by clicking here.
Stay Hydrated This Summer
Tips for Staying Hydrated during Exercise
- 20 to 30 minutes before exercise, drink at least 8 oz. of water
- During your exercise, consume 7 to 10 oz. of water every 10 to 20 minutes
- Within 30 minutes after exercising, drink at least 8 oz. of water
Acupuncture available at BeFitSRQ
Dr. Hsin Hsin Hu is an experienced, Florida-licensed acupuncture physician who received dual diplomas in both Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology. She owns Metta Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine in Sarasota and serves on the faculty of East West College of Natural Medicine where she manages the school pharmacy and teaches Chinese Herbology.
Book your acupuncture appointment with Dr. Hu by calling 941.587.6311.
Benefits of Acupuncture include:
- Migraine headaches
- Stroke rehab
- Menstrual cramp & various pathologies
Save the Date
We can't believe we're coming up on our ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY! We're hosting a party to thank you for your support and loyalty! Please mark your calendars for August 11 from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Studio.