Happy Labor Day! The unofficial end of summer has arrived, even if our warm, sunny weather will still be around for a while. With new seasons come new goals — what are you planning on accomplishing this fall?
Exercise of the Month – Getting your steps in
One of the easiest ways to add activity to your day is by maximizing your step count. Whether you’re just starting your fitness journey or you’re trying to reach new heights, adding steps to your day can make a difference.
- Why is something as simple as walking such great exercise?
- It’s effective while still being gentle on your joints
- It’s safe for all ages, abilities, and fitness levels
- It plays a role in healthy weight management
- It can strengthen bones and improve mobility
- It can reduce pain by supporting flexibility and slowing bone mass loss
- It’s healthy for the heart, immune system, and brain
- It improves nighttime sleep
For more incredible benefits of upping your step count, as well as a few ideas to add more walking to your day, click here.
Labor Day Recipes
These dishes are designed to end summer on a delicious note:
Grilled Peach and Halloumi Salad
This salad feels both refreshing and filling — something that can feel hard to come by in such a healthy recipe. It has incredible flavors to bring to your Labor Day festivities, too.
- 1.5 c. finely chopped basil
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- ⅓ c. and 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz. green beans
- 3 halved peaches
- 6 oz. sliced halloumi
- ½ c. toasted pine nuts
- 4 c. mixed greens
- Add basil, garlic, lemon juice to a small dish and whisk together. Gradually add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Black green beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Cool in a bowl of ice water.
- Brush remaining olive oil over halloumi and peaches. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side, or until charred.
- Top mixed greens with green beans, peaches, and halloumi. Drizzle with the dressing you created and enjoy!
For the full recipe, click here.
Roasted Cauliflower Sliders
These sliders are a healthy twist on a late-summer favorite:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ¾ c. greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha
- ¾ c. hummus
- 3 sprouts
- 12 slider buns
- Break cauliflower into large florets and cut into slices
- Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and cover with spices, salt, and pepper
- Roast 17-20 minutes at 400 degrees F, or until cauliflower is golden-brown
- Combine yogurt and sriracha in a small dish
- On your slider buns, spread hummus on the bottom half and spicy yogurt on the top. Place cauliflower patties and sprouts inside and enjoy!
You can view the complete recipe at this link.
Fabulous Fall doTERRA Blends
Get your home ready for fall with these fabulous diffuser blends!
Does Bloquv Clothing Really Work?
With UV-blocking clothing, it can be difficult to know if you’re actually receiving the protection that’s described. Here are a few ways you can ensure your protective products are working:
- It’s made of tightly-woven material, with no gaps for UV rays to poke through
- It’s less than three years old (after this timeframe, it’s best to replace it)
- It’s covering the areas the rays hit you most (if you’re in direct sunlight, you may need a hat as well as a long sleeve shirt to keep your skin as safe as possible)
Bloquv can be used on its own as well as with sunscreen for added protection. The UV-blocking fabric is the ideal way to keep your skin safe in almost every situation.
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
A painless, non-invasive treatment may seem too good to be true, but laser therapy truly does work. Here are some of the science-backed ways in which it relieves pain, reduces swelling, and helps your body heal as fast as it possibly can:
- Stimulation of Cytochrome C — a component behind cellular metabolism
- Increased Production of ATP — ATP is energy, and more of it can help restore cell function
- Increased ROS and NO Activity — by stimulating nitrous oxide and reactive oxygen species, leading to faster cellular response rates and decreased inflammation.
- Restored Cellular Energy Balance — by preventing cell death and supporting the tissue repair process.
You can learn more about the science behind this treatment style here. Feel free to contact us at any time to set up your initial appointment as well.
Exciting Upcoming Events
Let’s end summer on a good note by getting out into our wonderful community! Here are some happenings to look forward to over the coming month:
Enviro 5K — September 12th
This race is good for you and the Earth! It’s taking place to raise awareness of environmentally-friendliness and zero-waste efforts. It’ll take place in the beautiful Venice, on the city’s famous canopy tree-lined streets.
Learn more and save your spot by clicking here.
Suncoast Spearfishing Challenge — September 27th-29th
Join the challenge or stop by for support! This event is going to give back to charity with its proceeds, too.
Learn more by clicking here.
The International Coastal Cleanup — September 18th
Aid in international efforts and keep our own Sarasota clean with this fun and difference-making event. There will be plenty of ways to help — invasive plant removal, litter cleanup, etc.
Be sure to save your spot early as the event tends to fill up fast.
All in all, let’s have a great month as we move into early fall. Let’s stick to our goals, improve our step count, and enjoy Labor Day with our families and friends. Don’t forget, we’re here for you and your wellness journey — no matter what you may need.