How is it November already?!
Fall is finally in full swing, and I couldn’t be happier about it. November means the beginning of the holiday season, and I’m so excited to celebrate Thanksgiving with my loved ones. Every year when the holidays roll around, I’m met with so many anxious questions about how to stay healthy during the holiday season, and every year I’m saddened by how we’ve allowed a season meant to be filled with gratitude and love to become about food and fitness worries. A big part of our physical health comes down to whether or not we’re a part of a community that we feel loved and valued by, so remember, first and foremost, to enjoy Thanksgiving Day with your loved ones. That being said, I totally understand the desire to take control of your health during a season filled with sugary temptations. This month, I want to share with you some yummy recipes, expert tips, and awesome products that you can use to stay on track with your wellness journey while still making the most of Thanksgiving.
Top Tips For a Healthy Thanksgiving
- Don’t skip breakfast! Feeling satiated throughout the day is a great way to avoid binging at dinner or getting crabby with your family members throughout the day.
- Stay hydrated. So many Thanksgiving staples are high in Sodium, which can leave you dehydrated! So chug that extra bottle of water, brew yourself some herbal tea, or crack open a seltzer as you get busy in the kitchen.
- Try a healthy new recipe! This is a great way to include your friends and family in your wellness journey without dragging them on a 10k Turkey Trot at 7:00 AM.
- Start an active family tradition; this might look like a post-meal walk, a game of flag football, or a hike on a nearby trail.
Click here for more healthy tips!
Exercise of the Month: Get Your Turkey-Burn On!
Hoping to stay active on Thanksgiving but worried you won’t have the time? You’re not alone. On a busy holiday, it can be a challenge to take a break from preparing food, chasing kids around, or spending time with loved ones. I recommend getting up 30 minutes early, popping in headphones, and taking some time for yourself with this 30-minute Thanksgiving Day HIIT Workout.
A Healthy Thanksgiving Recipe To Try This Year
Everyone loves having a fresh and crunchy salad at the table, and this one just happens to be keto-friendly! Be sure to try this delicious Keto Broccoli Salad:
For the salad:
- Kosher salt
- 3 heads broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 c. cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. toasted sliced almonds
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
For the dressing:
- 2/3 c. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium pot or saucepan, bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, prepare a large bowl with ice water.
- Add broccoli florets to the boiling water and cook until tender, 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and immediately place in the prepared bowl of ice water. When cool, spin the broccoli in a salad spinner. You will need to spin it at least twice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine dressing ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour over dressing. Toss until ingredients are combined and fully coated in dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Is broccoli just not your thing? Don’t sweat it; I’ve got you covered with this list of 52 recipes perfect for Thanksgiving and for any diet, from Vegan to Keto.
Get Festive with this Fall Blend from doTERRA
You’ve heard of aromatherapy, get ready for aroma festivities. That’s right: we have the perfect blend for you to pop in your diffuser on Thanksgiving day (or any day that you want to feel all the fall vibes.) Here are all the festive details:
A New Collection for your Fall Pampering Needs
Can you imagine anything better than an at home spa day complete with holiday movies and fragrant lotion candles?! Neither can I!
I’m so excited to share that Element Tree Essentials has launched its Savannah Collection, inspired by the flora of Savannah, Georgia. Complete with scents like Magnolia Driftwood, Palmetto & Citrus, and Spanish Moss, this collection is sure to have the perfect lotion candle for everyone.
Learn more about this unique collection here, and be sure to drop in soon to smell the candles yourselves and decide on the perfect pick for you.
Spending Time Outdoors this Fall?
I don’t blame you, but be sure to protect your skin! Many people believe that sun protection is only needed on sunny summer days, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s important to protect yourself from harmful UV rays year-round; here’s why.
- Extended Outdoor Time: Pumpkin picking, turkey trots, walks in the park, and late afternoon football games have one thing in common: extended time in the outdoors.
- Thin Ozone Layer: During the fall and winter months, the ozone layer is actually thinner than during the spring and summer, leaving less protection between your skin and the sun’s rays.
- Deceptive Cloudy Days: Just because there are clouds in the sky, it doesn’t mean you don’t need sunscreen or protective clothing!
- Increased Indoor Exposure: When you’re inside a windowed room for long periods of time, the windows can actually act as magnifying glasses and cause the sun’s rays to hit your skin even more than usual!
- Skin Issues Can Worsen: Dryness? Itchiness? Red, raw skin? All these conditions can worsen in the winter, leaving your skin more vulnerable to sun damage.
While the fall and winter months may pose a risk of sun damage, you can always stay in control by wearing protective clothing and sunscreen. BloqUV has the protection and education you need to keep you and your family’s skin safe from the sun all year long!
Get Relaxed for the Holidays with Laser Therapy
Are you going into this holiday season feeling stressed out, tired, and stiff from sitting at a desk all day? You’re not alone. So many people suffer from chronic pain, especially leading up to the stressful holiday season.
The good news? There’s a solution! Stop in today to learn more about Laser Therapy, an innovative treatment for chronic pain, stiffness, and muscle soreness.
No exciting plans this month? Don’t worry, I’ve got your back with these fun community events coming up soon!
Turkey Trots: Who doesn’t love a celebratory Turkey Trot? Lucky for you, I have 2 to share!
ALSO Turkey Trot: Enjoy a 5k run or walk at 8 AM or 11 AM on Thanksgiving morning!
Florida Turkey Trot: With a kids dash at 7:15 and a grown ups 5k at 8, this trot is perfect for the whole family.
The Siesta Key Crystal Classic Sand Sculpting Festival: From November 11th-14th, check out the incredible sand sculptures being built on the beach! Get your tickets to participate here.
Suncoast Food & Wine Fest: On Saturday, November 12th, enjoy delicious food and wine samplings for the benefit of numerous local charities. Learn more here.
How are YOU spending your Thanksgiving? Be sure to let me know, and try to incorporate some of these delicious recipes or quick workouts into your holiday fun. I hope to see you soon and hope you have a fantastic holiday!