Happy Holidays! I hope you’re all enjoying the abundance of family time and rest that so often accompany this season. While some may consider this the toughest time of year to stay on track, I want to offer that it can actually be a special time for reflecting, planning, and determining whether your healthy lifestyle is truly sustainable. After all, isn’t that the goal? A long term, sustainable & fit lifestyle?
In this month’s newsletter, we’ll be exploring healthy habits, tips, and tricks you can put to use this holiday season. I believe in a health and fitness routine that lasts all year long, so let’s finish 2023 strong!
Festive Fit Tips & Tricks:
- Implement a Magnesium Supplement: Calm down amidst holiday stress and improve muscle recovery with this nifty supplement available at most supermarkets! Looking to take things to the next level? Try an ashwagandha supplement to relax to the max!
- Get Movin: It can be tempting to spend more time on the couch than at the gym during the winter months, but I encourage you to get your heart rate up at least a few times every week.
- Un-Plug: Instead of numbing with screen time or escaping from reality on social media, use this time to get present in your life, with your loved ones, and in your own body.
- Try Laser Therapy: Laser therapy has a wide range of benefits and uses, including pain management. It can be used to treat conditions such as arthritis and is even effective as a post-surgical pain solution! Book your appointment today at Light Force Medical.
If you could use more health and fitness tips for the end of the year, simply head over here to read up on what you can do to start 2024 stronger than ever!
Healthy Holiday Recipes to Tempt All Your Guests
- 24 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 12 ounces marinated mozzarella balls, drained
- ½ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, rinsed and dried
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup sugar plum tomatoes
Arrange rosemary sprigs in a 10-inch-diameter circle to resemble a wreath. Start by placing one sprig at a 45-degree angle with the leafy tip facing outwards. Continue adding sprigs in the same direction until you have formed a full circle.
Arrange clusters of mozzarella balls, olives, and tomatoes over rosemary sprigs.
- 12 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces pimentos, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, for topping
- Freshly grate the cheddar cheese and set about 4 ounces of it aside.
- Combine the cream cheese, drained pimentos, remaining white cheddar, mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse and blend until combined and somewhat whipped – you don’t want to overwhip it. I pulse for about a minute off and on until it appears blended but not 100% smooth.
- Remove the pimento cheese from the processor and place it in a bowl. Stir in the remaining white cheddar. At this point you can store it in the fridge for a few days. To serve, top with the fresh chives!
- Serve with pretzels, crackers, chips, carrots, celery or any of your favorite dippers.
If these don’t sound like your cup of tea, just head over here to see a complete list of delicious and healthy holiday recipes!
Healthy Holiday Gift Guide
Essential Oils: Essential oils have so many uses, including diffusing, cleaning, and soothing aches and pains! Our favorites are from doTERAA, and you can grab yours right here at BeFitSRQ!
Wondering which to pick for the holiday season? Try this blend out:
Lotion Candles: Candles as holiday gifts have been done… but lotion candles? That’s something you don’t get for Christmas every day! Give your loved ones the treat or relaxation with a sweet-smelling candle that melts into warm, aromatic lotion. Grab yours from Element Tree Essentials. I’m currently loving their fig tree scent!
This year, give the gift of fitness to your loved ones with the long lists of health-related New Year’s resolutions! Come to BeFitSRQ today to grab your gift card and treat your people to the gift that keeps giving: health, wellness, and longevity. Plus, your BeFitSRQ gift card includes Laser Therapy treatments with Lightforce Medical.
Stay Protected From The Winter Sun
We may not think of winter as a particularly sunny time of year, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be just as vigilant! Even in lower temperatures, sun exposure has the potential to wreak havoc on our skin… especially while doing outdoor activities such as golfing. Unfortunately, it’s frighteningly common for those who spend long periods of time in the sun playing golf to develop basal cell or squamous cell carcinomas, both of which are forms of skin cancer.
If you’re ready to say no to skin damage and protect your largest and most vulnerable organ from damage, check out BloqUV’s sun-protective golf shirts here!
Get Festive With Your Community
Enjoy these community-wide events with friends and family this holiday season:
Holiday Parade –
Join us for the Sarasota Holiday Parade on December 2nd- be sure to bring a thermos of Hot Cocoa and enjoy it with the whole family!
Lights in Bloom at Selby Gardens –
From December 8th-10th, 12th-23rd, 26th-30th, and January 1st-3rd, enjoy the Selby Gardens alight with a holiday display!
Holidays at UTC –
Enjoy nightly light shows and an incredible roster of events all available to view here!
Now tell me… are YOU up to anything exciting this Thanksgiving? Be sure to tell me the next time you’re in the studio!