A new month has begun — one that’s filled with perfect weather and celebrations. We want to wish you all a Happy Mother’s Day and Happy Memorial Day! Take time to relax, treat yourself, and gather with friends and family if you’re able. We’ll be here to help you stick to your wellness goals along the way.
Exercise of the Month: Water Aerobics
- Muscle strength
- Less pressure on joints
- Stress relief
- Calories burned
- Blood pressure reduction
- Cool temperatures
- And more!
Healthy Recipes for May Holidays
- 4 ounces of fresh Chorizo
- 1 cup of diced mushrooms (cremini or button-style)
- ½ minced onion
- ½ cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup of whipped cream cheese
- 12 jalapenos
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook your chorizo fully on the stove, breaking up clumps throughout the process.
- Remove the meat from your pan and remove almost all of the fat. Then, add your mushrooms and onions and cook until done. Stir the chorizo back in.
- In a large bowl, combine your chorizo mixture, cream cheese, cream, and salt.
- Halve your jalepeños and scoop out as many seeds/as much of the white membrane as possible.
- Stuff each pepper with ½ scoop of your chorizo and cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese browns and bubbles.
- 1 cucumber, chopped and seeded
- 4 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 2 mangos, peeled and chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño, chopped and seeded
- 2 chopped avocados
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons of Health-Ade Jalepeño Kiwi Cucumber Kombucha
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all fruits and veggies to a large bowl and stir.
- Add in kombucha, salt, and pepper, and combine.
Red, White and Blue doTERRA
Remember the fallen this Memorial Day with this natural aroma from doTERRA:
Element Tree Esssentials
What better gift for mom than a candle that turns into a luxurious lotion after it burns? We have fabulous Element Tree Essential products in stock. Feel free to stop by — whether it’s for someone else or for yourself to indulge.
Skin Care Prevention
- Avoid the sun during peak hours — The sun is strongest from 10 am to 4 pm. If you’re at the beach or outside during this time frame, wear protective clothing, sunscreen, or use an umbrella to stay protected.
- Always wear sunscreen — Even if it’s cloudy, the sun can affect your skin. Make sunscreen part of your daily routine.
- Wear UV clothing for days outside — If you’re outside all day long, UV clothing can help with peak hour protection, missed sunscreen reapplications, etc. And the best part is, it can be washed and worn again while holding all of its protective benefits! We have BloqUV items in stock if you’d like to grab some today.
- Avoid tanning beds — the UV lights aren’t worth the risk.
- Conduct regular skin inspections — Or better yet, schedule dermatologist appointments regularly so a professional can provide a thorough examination.
- Wear sunglasses and a sunhat — Your face and eyes need as much protection as possible.
- Take skin cancer seriously — It’s real and it’s common. Keeping these facts in mind can encourage you to implement all of the protective steps listed above every day!
Ready to Try Laser Therapy?
Are you ready to feel better this spring and summer? Laser therapy can help with joint pain, past injuries, arthritis, back and neck problems, and more. And best of all, it’s completely drug-free and painless. If you’d like to learn more, just give us a call! I would be happy to talk through the process and schedule a trial session for you.