With Summer drawing to a close and back-to-school activities picking up for the kids in your life, it’s time for you to prioritize yourself and put some healthy habits in place for the school year ahead.
Exercise of the Month: Get Fit Again After Time Off
Look, we’ve all been there. You’re on a fitness kick, working out every day, watching what you eat, when suddenly life happens, and it’s been 3 weeks since you picked up a dumbbell or ate a vegetable. It can be tempting to let a setback be the end of your fitness journey, but short-term commitment doesn’t lead to long-term results. Here are a few ways you can get back in the saddle after a long break:
- Stick to the 5-minute rule! Oftentimes, after a funk, a 30-minute or hour-long workout can sound incredibly daunting. Try committing to 5 minutes and see where it takes you!
- Remember how good it feels to move your body! Focusing only on the way that you look won’t keep you motivated forever. Instead, try to remember the feeling of the post-workout high and the sense of confidence it brings.
- Schedule it into your day! Set a reminder on your phone, write it on a post-it note, or block it in your calendar. Make exercise as important a part of your day as work, errands, or your responsibilities to others.
- Find a buddy! Do you know someone who is killing it in the gym or someone who always seems to be up at 6 AM eating berries and taking runs? Shoot them a text and ask them to hold you accountable to a fitness routine of your own! Chances are they’ll be honored and excited to help you.
Stay Fit with Healthy Back to School Picks
With school back in session, it’s time to compile a list of easy, nourishing meal options that the whole family will love. We’ve got your back with a killer snack mix recipe and a breakfast favorite that everyone in your family is sure to love!
Wild Animal Snack Mix
- 2 cups animal crackers
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup roasted pecan halves
- 2 1/2 cups air-popped popcorn
- Thoroughly toss ingredients together in a large bowl & enjoy!
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 4 cups tortilla chips (about 40 chips)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Step 1: Place tomatoes and jalapeños in a blender. Add broth, salt, and garlic. Cover and process on high speed for 1 minute or until smooth; set aside.
- Step 2: Heat a 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes or until just tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomato mixture to pan. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue to simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 3: Add chips to pan, and stir to coat with tomato mixture. Crack eggs, 1 at a time, over chips, evenly spacing them in a circle inside pan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until eggs are set but still runny in the centers. Remove pan from heat. Arrange avocado slices over eggs. Top with dollops of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro. Serve immediately.
For more delicious recipes to ease your family into the back-to-school season, click here!
Back to School with doTERRA
Help your kids get acclimated to the new school year with essential oil blends formulated specifically to boost their brain health and increase their focus.
doTERRA has you covered with the back-to-school essentials that your family needs to thrive.
Element Tree Essentials
With the kids out of the house, now is the perfect time to pamper yourself at home with luxurious lotion candles from Element Tree Essentials. Stop by today to browse our selection to keep your skin glowing and healthy all year long.
Can Sun Damage be Repaired or Reveresed?
As the hot summer months wrap up, it’s more important than ever to consider the health of our skin. Many of us spent hours in the sun this year, which can result in some serious sun damage if we aren’t careful. Thankfully, BloqUV has your back with a list of products that can help to repair skin that has been damaged by the sun:
- Vitamin C
- Kojic acid
- Glycolic acid
Regardless of how effective your skincare products are, sun damage prevention is the first step to keeping your skin healthy and happy for years to come. Always wear SPF & UV protective clothing to keep yourself safe and your skin glowing!
Ready to Try Laser Therapy?
Feeling the stress of the back-to-school season? It’s time to try Laser Therapy, drug-free and painless treatment for joint pain, past injuries, arthritis, back and neck problems, and more. If you’re ready to get started, give us a call! We’ll talk through the process with you and schedule a trial session so you can see if Laser Therapy is a good fit.
Exciting Events Coming Soon
Back to School Bash, August 6: Join us for the annual Back to School Bash inside The Mall at University Town Center on August 6th from 10 am to 3 pm.
Van Wezel’s Friday Fest, August 12 : Friday Fest brings together a wide variety of talented artists along with food trucks and drink stations on the Van Wezel lawn along the beautiful Sarasota Bayfront.
USRowing Masters National Championships, August 11-14: The 2022 USRowing Masters National Championships will take place August 11-14 at Nathan Benderson Park in Sarasota, Fla. The regattas will feature racing in more than 200 masters’ categories.
This time of year can be stressful at times, but I hope you’re able to feel all the opportunities around you to start fresh. It’s a privilege to be able to support you on your journey toward healthy and happy living!