With Summer in full bloom, it’s the perfect time of year to enjoy the outdoors, love on our families and friends, and celebrate Independence Day! It’s also the perfect time to get some energizing outdoor movement in between all the festivities, and we’re here to support you all summer long.
Exercise of the Month: Get Fit with Family
It’s no secret that holidays can be a challenging time to stick to fitness goals even for the most dedicated athletes, but that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t be moving our bodies while we enjoy family time! Instead of seeing exercise as a chore, we recommend fitting fun and adventurous movement into your festivities. Here are some of our top tips:
- Schedule your workouts. If you’re a sucker for a good routine, there’s no shame in rising with the sun to pop in a quick workout before the celebrations begin. Even 20 minutes of movement can set the tone for your day; we love these simple and effective lower-body movements!
- Enjoy water sports with family. In case you missed our May newsletter, prepare to have your mind blown by how many calories water aerobics can burn. It’s not all about the numbers, but knowledge is power when it comes to the decisions we make for the health of our bodies and it’s important to remember that fitness doesn’t have to mean daily trips to the gym and a treadmill in your office.
- Wind down with family at the end of the day. Why not invite loved ones out after dinner for a walk around the block or a game of frisbee in the backyard? Incorporating movement that feels fun and relaxed into your routine is the key to success!
Healthy Favorites for the Fourth
The 4th of July may not be a holiday famous for healthy meals, but that doesn’t mean it’s not the perfect opportunity to introduce refreshing and produce-packed recipes into the mix.
Strawberry Margarita Snowcones
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces chopped strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons frozen unbaked pie crust, thawed in the refrigerator, but still cold
- Crushed ice
- aged or fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Combine water, strawberries, and sugar in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, partially cover, and cook until slightly reduced about 12 minutes. Strain into a glass 2-cup measure but don’t press on the solids (it will make the syrup cloudy). Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Once the syrup is chilled, stir in tequila, lime juice, and triple sec.
- To serve, place 1 cup crushed ice into a short glass or snow cone cup. Top with 1/4 cup of the tequila mixture. Serve with a lime slice or wedge, if desired.
- 12 small fresh strawberries, hulled
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 12 small pieces (about 1/2-by-1-inch)
- Thread a strawberry, basil leaf, and piece of cheese onto each of 12 toothpicks. Drizzle with balsamic glaze just before serving.
Find more mouth-watering 4th of July Recipes here!
Patriotic Scents with doTERRA
Celebrate Independence Day with doTERRA’s red, white and blue aromatherapy kit hand-picked for your summer celebrations.
Element Tree Essentials
With more exposure to the elements than usual during the summer months, it’s more important than ever to take great care of the skin you’re in. Stop by today to browse our selection of luxurious lotion candles and pamper yourself for your summer travels.
BloqUV’s Guide to Anti-Aging Clothing
Summertime, for all the amazing memories it brings, certainly increases our exposure to the sun and therefore requires us to take more seriously how we’re protecting ourselves from sun damage and premature aging!
Luckily, BloqUV has us all covered with their guide to choosing the perfect sun protective gear.
There are several factors to take into consideration when purchasing sun protective gear, including…
- UPF (ultraviolet protection factor)
- Color (the darker the better)
- Fit (the looser the better)
- Coverage (the more coverage the more protection)
- Fabric (the sturdier the fabric, the more protected you’ll be)
Regardless of your clothing choices, it’s always important to wear SPF daily and seek shade when possible to prevent signs of aging and skin damage.
Ready to Try Laser Therapy?
Ready to kick back and relax for the summer holidays? It’s time to try Laser Therapy, a drug-free
and painless treatment for joint pain, past injuries, arthritis, back and neck problems, and more. If you’re ready to get started, just give us a call! We’re more than happy to talk through the process and schedule a trial session for you.
Exciting Events Coming Soon
Sarasota 4th of July Fireworks: July 3rd & 4th
Let freedom ring at these explosive Independence Day celebrations!
Summer Beach Runs: July 12th, 19th & 26th
Crack a cold one with friends, enjoy the scenery, and kickstart your summer fitness routine with beach runs in the sun!
Family Movie Nights: July 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st
Enjoy quality family time this summer with movie nights in the park!
No matter how you spend your summer holidays, I’m here to support you on your journey toward health, fitness, and balance!