The first month of 2022 has come and gone — how have your resolutions held up? Don’t worry if they’ve fallen through the cracks — you have plenty of time to refocus. We’re always here to help you reset your goals at BeFitSRQ.
Exercise of the Month: Back Stretches
As you get back into your fitness routine —or continue to push yourself to new limits— one of the most important exercises you can perform is stretching. The following stretches can help reduce back pain and build lumbar strength, which is an area most of us can use support in.
- Child’s Pose
- Knee-to-Chest Stretch
- Piriformis (Buttocks muscles)
- Seated Spinal Twist
- Pelvic Tilt
- Sphinx Stretch
For a full description, including images that show you how to perform each of these movements, check out this helpful article from HealthLine.
Eating Well on Valentine’s Day
Below are a couple of romantic —or self-indulgent— recipes to put to use when love day rolls around.
Cinnamon Beet Pancakes
- 3 small beets (or 150 grams)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cloves
- Puree beets in a blender or food processor.
- Place pureed beets in bowl and whisk in yogurt and milk.
- Add eggs and whisk until combined.
- Whisk in cinnamon, cloves, and sugar.
- Add flour and baking soda. Stir until combined, but allow the batter to stay lumpy.
- Let stand for 30-60 minutes..
- Heat your pan and brush on oil. Pour large scoops of batter and cook until bubbles appear and begin to pop. Then, flip the pancake and cook until done.
- If you need to keep pancakes warm, place them in the oven at 200 degrees F. until serving time.
Apple Butter Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- ½ cup apple butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 6 pieces of shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 6 pieces of bacon
- Cilantro for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 4oo degrees F and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Heat apple butter, maple syrup, and spices over low heat on the stove, whisking together for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- In another skillet, heat bacon over medium heat until just brown. Dry grease by placing the strips on paper towels to cool.
- Wrap each strip of bacon around one piece of strip and secure with a toothpick. Place on the lined baking tray and cover with the glaze you cooked on the stove.
- Put the tray in the oven and cook bacon-covered shrimp for five minutes. Flip, glaze the other half, and place in the oven for five minutes more. Continue this process until the shrimp is fully cooked. Enjoy!
For more Valentine’s Day favorites, view the full list of recipes here.
The Aroma of Love
Bring these wonderful doTERRA essential oil combinations to your home this month to celebrate the love in your life — whether it be for a significant other, group of friends, or even for yourself.
Bloquv: Sun Exposure & Skin Care
- Limiting UV exposure
- Wearing sunscreen daily
- Wearing UV-proof clothing
- Talking to a professional when concerns arise
Laser Therapy could be the answer
Still having pain after trying out the stretches of the month? Laser Therapy may be your perfect next step. This painless, non-invasive, and drug-free treatment can mend back pain, joint pain, arthritis aches, and so much more. Give us a call today to schedule your first session!
Exciting Upcoming Events